A few weeks ago, I published my book of Six Word Sci Fi stories. You should pick it up (shameless plug…) For real though, it’s pretty funny if nothing else. And it’s only a dollar!
But the best thing about it is the exercise itself.
Go ahead and try to write an entire story with six words. It’s not as easy as it sounds. Some will come out great. Others, not so great. But it’s fun.
In that vein, here are a few writing prompts for your pleasure, free of charge.
1. In a cybernetic future, a boy struggles with the concept of aging.
2. All edible plants are extinct.
3. You just found a time machine. You know this because it says “Time Machine.”
4. A sentient dog has shown up on the White House lawn.
5. The ISS has just made contact with an alien species headed to Earth.
Have lots of fun…